Kastelorizo in Varkiza: "Nice cuisine,Worth to give it a try!" Top 5 Page for this destination Kastellorizo Tip by greekcypriot

Kastellorizo, Athens: 1 reviews and 5 photos

Aubergine rolls, seafood rolls and salads
      Aubergine rolls, seafood rolls and salads
    by greekcypriot
      The beautiful marina opposite the restaurant
      Dining out at Kastelorizo
      Saute seafood - saganaki
    by greekcypriot
      Flavored Risotto with shrimps, ginger and lime
    by greekcypriot

We came to Kastelorizo in Varkiza much earlier than usual for a dinner outing. We found the place stylish and very friendly. The premises are next to the marina on the coast of Varkiza and watching the yachts and lights outside from the restaurant?s huge windows I felt as if we were dining somewhere on a Greek island. It was windy and chilly outside but inside was cosy and very comfortable. Soft music was pleasantly coming to our ears making the atmosphere more pleasant, and there was a group of businessmen enjoying their dinner a few tables away from us. Greeks usually dine much later, so by the time we left there restaurant was almost full.

Kasterlorizo is a sea food restaurant and has a tradition of serving not only fresh fish but also high quality raw materials. I was quite curious to test it after hearing some very good comments from friends who recently had lunch out here, and indeed they were right. Not only the location but the cuisine is the very best.

The restaurant has bright and earthly colors ?.a truly Greek stylish classy restaurant.
The staff was professional, and I let them choose our wine again this time.
Since we ordered seafood we had to have white wine. What the chef suggested was the white bottle wine of Kastelorizo ( Moschofilero coming from the Peloponnese for 18 euro). I cannot say that I was thrilled but it was fine and not so expensive!

We started with 2 different salads one mixed with browned almonds, parmesan flakes and vinaigrette pomegranate and cranberry, and the second was the Ruccola and parmesan salad with vinaigrette of balsamic vinegar and the price was 9 euro each. Both salads were freshly cut and very tasty.

We continued with some very tasty Aubergine Rolls with fresh tomato and feta cheese from Epirus for 6 euro, and Seafood rolls wrapped in herb ?seskoula? raisins and flavoured with fennel root and chives for 6.50, and cheese croquettes.

The saute seafood (saganaki) with goat cheese, three colored peppers and small tomatoes and greens ?myronia? was really exceptional.
We also tried the flavored risotto with shrimps, ginger and lime for 16 euro, - another dish that stands out at Kastelorizo and I highly recommend it.

We finished with crushed puff pastry with ice cream and an apple pie accompanied with some ice cream for 7 euro each. We found the apple pie though extremely sweet and we were not able to eat it.

I was curious to check the price of Fresh Prawns and these cost 78 euro the kilo, while Fresh Gray Fish costs 85 euro, and Fresh lobster 90.

THE OVERALL EXPERIENCE: Enjoyed a rich meal in decent prices. Good service, Setting and Ambience excellent.

Address: Posidonos Avenue, Varkiza
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Phone: 210 9655022
Price: US$41 and up
Rating: 5
Theme: Seafood
Website: http://www.kastelorizo.com.gr/en

• Updated Aug 19, 2014

• songlines's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2014 at 3:49 AM

The dishes in your photos look delicious, it gives me inspiration to experiment with cooking, you give a nice explanation of the dishes which helps too. Makes me hungry!

• songlines's Profile Photo
      Aug 20, 2014 at 4:07 AM

I know but on the whole your photos of dishes are really great, i'd love to see them all in book form together with information, or even better it would make an amazingly illustrated cooking book on Greek foods.

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo
      Aug 20, 2014 at 4:55 AM

Yes, but who gives out recipes? Besides there are thousands of them on the net these days.

• kahnjetta's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2014 at 1:46 PM

Thank you, great tip.

greekcypriot Visits Here Frequently!

“Live Everyday Like Your Last”

Have you been to Athens?