"The Beautiful Lake of Vouliagmeni" Top 5 Page for this destination Vouliagmeni - Voula Tip by greekcypriot
Vouliagmeni - Voula, Athens: 6 reviews and 16 photos
Don?t miss visiting the Lake of Vouliagmeni when you come here. It is a natural lake in reality fed by underground caves and with a year-round temperature of 25 degrees Celsius.
The water in the lake is well known for its therapeutic properties in the treatment of arthritis, rheumatism, gynecological ailments and neuralgia. The region took its name from the Lake and the word Vouliagmeni means ?sunken area?. Some of the underground caves collapse and many of them connect with the sea. Corrosive solution of limestone by rainwater creates very easily karstic phenomena, exactly what has happened with the Lake of Vouliagmeni.
Directions: In the north eastern side of Vouliagmeni just outside the village.
More Things to Do in Athens (22)
More Reviews (110)
- See All Exquisite Tastes - Value for Money
- See All Excellent Customer Service, Value for...
- See All Shopping in Athens
- See All Road Accidents
- See All Eclectic Clientele, Steady Value!
- See All Tips to Help you avoid Unpleasant...
- See All Saronic Gulf Boat Schedules Changed...
- See All Surviving the strikes
- See All Check the bill well before paying!
- See All A stroll in Plaka
- See All Charity Bazaars are Popular in Athens!
Been to Athens?Share your travels with the world!
greekcypriot's Related Pages
Have you been to Athens?Share Your Travels