"Dam Square" Dam Square Tip by Arfah

Dam Square, Amsterdam: 94 reviews and 179 photos

Musicians at Dam Square
by Arfah

I believe Dam Square is one the places to check out when in Amsterdam. It's a square surrounded by really good looking classic buildings: The Royal Palace, Nieuwe Kerk - a 15th century church, Madame Tussauds and a few other which I don't recognize. I think I saw De Bijenkorf from somewhere at the Dam but didn't get the chance to check it out.

I can't write about The Royal Palace since it was under construction and too bad my mum and my husband are not big fans of wax...so we didn't check out Madame Tussauds either.

During our visit, there were a group of musicians playing really good music. It was classical I think and everyone was enjoying the show in amazement.

Just across the street is a row of shops selling souvenirs and also restaurants. I think it was at the street towards Damrak.

Owhhh...there were many pigeons here. They seemed fat and friendly too. I was lucky that I had the chance seeing lots of pigeons there...my dream of seeing them at Trafalgar Square was a big disappointment.

Address: Dam Square
Website: http://www.damsite.nl/

• Written Nov 15, 2011

“traveling lifts my life”

Have you been to Amsterdam?