Fiesta Mexicana: "Middlin' Mexican" Top 5 Page for this destination Fiesta Mexicana Tip by goodfish

Fiesta Mexicana, Moab: 1 reviews and 3 photos

2017 update: happy to report that reviews from more recent guests are averaging in the 4-out-of-5 star range. We'll probably give this one another shot sometime.

The Husband and I were evenly split on this one so your experience may be a crapshoot. The place is done up in standard, rustic Mexican with big wooden booths and whatnot; sort of a cozy feel. Service was quick and attentive although they had a different server for everything from water to chips to our margaritas. He had a combo plate that was so-so; I had talpiquena (steak with shrimp, peppers, onions and melted cheese) that was pretty good. We did agree on the dessert sopapillas: light, warm, cinnamon-y sweet and served with honey.

Fiesta Mexicana is a small, regional chain with dinner entrees running to the $12 - $15 range and a budget-priced lunch menu available Monday through Friday. Outdoor patio, happy-hour specials M-F, open daily for lunch and dinner.

In a region known for Mexican/Southwest cuisine, people tend to have some expectations about what that should look/taste like so pleasing everyone is an exercise in futility. I'm guessing they're shooting for somewhere in the middle?which is just where I'm ranking it.

Address: 202 S. Main Moab, UT 84532
Website: http://www.fiestamexicanarestaurants.com

• Updated Nov 22, 2016

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2013 at 5:38 PM

I've walked by this place every time and something always keeps me from going in. May have to go for it.

goodfish

“Itineraries are for sissies”

Have you been to Moab?