Rosso: "Where I had my first pizza ever :D" Jyväskylä Restaurant Tip by Turska

Jyväskylä Restaurants: 14 reviews and 8 photos

Rosso is a big chain owned by same company, witch owns Finnish biggest grocery store chain S-markets and Sokos-hotels.
I don´t usually go to theses chain restaurants anymore, but when I was a student, there was hardly any other kinds of reasonable priced restaurants at Jyväskylä. And maybe there is nothing wrong (at least at pizzas) of food of Rossos, but many places have better food I think. When I was around 15 years, in the end of 1980´s, my friend took me to Rosso, because she wanted to have a pizza. I said I hate pizza, but she didn´t want to hear my words. In my mind pizza was something my mother made at saturday nights after the sauna, and she had pastry dough with butter and put lots of mushrooms, asparagus, big slices of tomato and strong emmentaler cheese on the top. I was surpriced to see I had several other choises to choose for the pizza ( I didn´t like any of those my mother uses) and didn´t even need to get those big tomato slices witch were at every homemade pizza I had seen. And the cheese was much better also ( I still don´t like very strong cheese for some reason). When I had my first real pizza (with real pizza- bottom also!) I was sold to pizza. Now I sometimes wish I wouldn´t have tasted it, because I love pizza now :D Too bad it´s not a health-food.

Place is very children friendly. I don´t have any, but I have been there with somone who has. There was toys and such.

Favorite Dish: Pizza fantasia, where you can choose 4 toppings. I know Finnish pizza has too much toppings if you ask from Italians, but I do like our pizzas a lot. I do also like "real" Italian pizza. There´s no reason why you couldn´t love both :)

Address: Kauppakatu 19
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Again at Kauppakatu. Most restaurants are at Kauppakatu. This one is by "Kirkkopuisto" (church garden). There is also a newer on at Jyväskeskus shopping centre, but this is my nostalgic pizzeria ;)
othercontact: minna.j.ahonen@sok.fi
Phone: 010 767 5440
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 3
Theme: Italian
Website: http://www.rosso.fi/menu_english.html

• Written Nov 12, 2011

Comments

Turska

“Wrap your troubles in dreams!”

Have you been to Jyväskylä?