Courtyard Key Largo: "Serious Noise Issues" Key Largo Hotel Tip by 807Wheaton

by 807Wheaton
      Pool and patio
    by 807Wheaton
  • - Key Largo

If you take a look at my hotel reviews you will see I am a "go with the flow" traveler. This is my first encounter with some serious noise problems. We are Marriott members and also have a Marriott Credit card - made reservations months ahead of our stay and still were given a room with a view of the parking lot. We were able to see the boats and canal from the side of our balcony. We were just down the hall from the Bistro - the restaurant area. We were advised of cookies and coffee and popcorn starting at 3PM. The cookies were put out but never replaced, never saw the coffee and did have a small bag of popcorn. Coffee was available in the morning. I was not impressed with the coffee. Both mornings there were apples set out in the lobby.
The room is very large and is in good shape - has a flat screen TV and a good size fridge. Plenty of towels, shampoo, conditioner and lotion. Not an abundance of electrical outlets, but this is not a business hotel. The lighting was good and all lights worked.
At 5:30 AM we heard loud scraping sounds coming from outside in the hallway and we heard loud laughing and talking. Finally I walked down to the Bistro area, in my pajamas and asked them to try to be quieter. They were apologetic and the noise ended.
The next night we heard banging doors across the hall - no quiet doors here evidently.
There is a small pool and a good hot tub here - with a beautiful view.
If they give you a room near the Bistro do not accept it - it is way too noisy there with loud talking and kitchen noises. I don't get it why they gave us a room like that. On our second and last morning we heard all the laughing and talking and banging again in the Bistro area. When I went out to the lobby get some coffee, I talked to Anna at the desk. She comped us a breakfast and apologized for our unfortunate accomodations.

Unique Qualities: Very nice location on the canal. Easy to get to any of the dive places. There is no charge for parking here and there is a covered parking area.

Address: 99701 Overseas Highway, Mile Marker #100 - Key Largo, FL
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: 877-859-5095
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel

• Updated Nov 17, 2011

“Man plans but God prevails.”

Have you been to Key Largo?