Sophia's Thai Kitchen: "So-So Thai in A Nice Location" Top 5 Page for this destination Davis Restaurant Tip by TooTallFinn24

Davis Restaurants: 11 reviews and 20 photos

Walking into Sophia's Thai Kitchen for lunch the first thing that struck me was the great location. Nustled into the back of a cool little center Sophia's sits on the first floor with both indoor and outdoor seating. Bright orange colors and simple chairs make you feel like you are actually in a foreign land.

The lunch menu had a wide range of choices. I went for the jungle curry. The curry consisted of a mix of green with green beans, snow peas, red and green bell peppers and seasoned with basil. I wished it was more highly seasoned. It came with rice. I thought the taste was ok but nothing sensational. I ordered a Thai Iced Coffee which I thought was very good it had just the right taste for Thai Coffee.

The service was good and the waitress was helpful. The place was busy even on a weekday. All and all I thought the place was a little expensive for what you got. However the location was very nice and I can imagine that the place is popular for dinner.

There is also a full-service nice looking bar inside.

Sophia's is open for lunch from 11:30 to 2 pm Monday through Saturday and 12 to 2:30 p.m. on Sundays. For dinner it is open 5 tp 9 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 5 to 10 p.m. on Friday and Saturday.

P.S. I came back later in the afternoon for the picture when the restaurant was preparing for the dinner opening.

Favorite Dish: Thai Iced Tea was very good, jungle curry was o.k.

Address: 129 E Street, Suite E
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: 530 758-4333
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 3
Theme: Other

• Updated Nov 10, 2011

“Travel is the only thing you can buy that makes you richer.”

Have you been to Davis?