"Parlour Decadence" Nightclubs and bars Tip by Riccola

Nightclubs and bars, Toronto: 60 reviews and 40 photos

When I went to Toronto for the first time, a friend of mine told me about this new hot spot lounge that recently opened up in the downtown core of the city. All I was told was that it was a sophisticated place to go for a drink. Not really knowing what to expect, when I entered I walked into one of the coolest venues I've ever been to. It was a beautifully designed vintage cocktail lounge with the staff (all beautiful women I may add), wearing beautiful corsets. It was really like going to a classy underground Speakeasy back in the 1920's. It was nothing like I would have expected.

So upon getting seated in these amazing red velvet, vintage tufted couches, I was already at ease and completely comfortable. The vibe was chill and relaxed as they just opened the doors so it wasn't too busy. The cocktail list was absolutely out of this world. Drinks I've never heard or seen before was on this menu and for an upscale establishment, the prices weren't too bad either.

Around 11, the place started picking up and by midnight was absolutely packed. The DJ that was playing played wicked house music and come 12:30, the small dancefloor was packed. I couldn't help but join in on the action because the energy was very infectious. People were dancing everywhere and were really having a great time. At first, I wasn't sure what to expect but the design of the lounge, the music and the drinks all made for one of the best places I've ever been, hands down. Next time I come back to Toronto I will definitely be there again. Highly recommended place to go!

Dress Code: Stylish and sophisticated dress code (Lots of beautiful people there, without the pretentiousness)

Address: 270 Adelaide Street West
Directions: In the Toronto Entertainment District, close to the corner of John Street and Adelaide Street
Phone: 416 408 3666
Theme: Nightclub
Website: http://parlour270.com/

• Written Nov 8, 2011

Ranked Member

Have you been to Toronto?