"Super Friendly Staff" Hampton Inn Atlanta Midtown Tip by riorich55

Hampton Inn Atlanta Midtown, Atlanta: 18 reviews and 1 photos

Right Across the Street from Coca-Cola
by riorich55

This section says describe my stay. In 2 words Long Term. By the time 2011 comes to an end I will probably have spent over 40 nights here. We first started staying here because it was right across the street from Coca-Cola where I was on an instructional design assignment. Being across the street makes the daily commute a breeze. But in the time I've spent here the people at the hotel have been really fantastic. Just to give you an example, about my 4th week in Atlanta it was my birthday and when I got back to the room after work that evening their were 2 balloons, a birthday card and a certificate for a free movie from the staff. What a nice touch that was.

If you are looking for convenience to Coca-Cola or Georgia Tech University this is the place to stay. The only downside is there are really no restaurants within walking distance so you will either need a car or the hotel's shuttle van will drive you anywhere within a 3 mile radius.

Unique Qualities: The people! Everybody from the front desk staff to the parking garage attendants. They are all very friendly and accommodating. One day the gentleman I was working with came down with a bad back. I went down to the little store they have in the hotel and they did not have any type of pain killers. The lady at the desk had a small bottle which she gave to me to give to him. She could have just given me directions to the nearest pharmacy, but instead she took that extra step which was very much appreciated.

The hotel itself is very nice. It has a workout facility, a small breakfast area with free continental breakfast and free Wi-Fi. The rooms are more then adequate with HD TV. My only complaint is with their desk and its very low chair. I've talked to the manager and it is on the top of his list to fix in their next round of renovations.

Address: 244 North Avenue NW
Price: US$120-180
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.hilton.com

• Updated Nov 20, 2011

Comments

riorich55 Visits Here Frequently!

riorich55

“"There is no better high then discovery"”

Have you been to Atlanta?