ApartmentinLangkawi.com: "Great apartment, best pool on Langkawi" Pulau Langkawi Hotel Tip by rsitch

Pulau Langkawi Hotels: 228 reviews and 362 photos

The swimming pool with paddling pool next to oit
      The swimming pool with paddling pool next to oit
    by rsitch
      View from the apartment balcony
    by rsitch
      Another view of the pool
      One of Langkawi
    by rsitch
      Sunset at the yacht club
    by rsitch

We visited Langkawi six years ago on our way to Australia. Although we are keen travellers and seen many places, this island had a special charm for us, and we decided that it would be an ideal place for us to retire to when the time was right.
I returned a few months later to buy an apartment at CHOGM villa on the outskirts of Kuah - the capital town. Since then we visit at least once a year, and I feel I am therefore able to provide a balanced view of the island.
1)It is a beautiful and natural island, full of exotic animals and fauna. However, litter is a problem in some areas, and really spoils this natural beauty.
2)The islanders in the majority are happy, gentle and hospitable people who are welcoming to tourists. Smile and treat them with respect, and you will be treated the same.
3)The road system is excellent, driving standards are good (although whole families on mopeds can be a bit of a surprise!)
4)Food is abundant and inexpensive. There is a wide variety of style and price of places to eat, and most of it great value. The decor and tables/chairs in a lot of eating places may not be of restaurant standard, but the food is great.
5)It is a safe country, and I have never felt threatened or intimidated anywhere. My wife regularly travels there with her sister, and they have never had any problems at all.
6)The island is small enough to be accessible easily by car (which you will need in my opinion), but also big enough to have lots of things to see and do.
7)Great links with mainland Malaysia and the rest of Asia via Air Asia which I have found to be inexpensive with quality service.
8) The weather - everyday between 28 to 35 degrees, although during rainy season it does rain more than normal. Who cares though when rain is warm!

Overall, for my wife and myself Langkawi is the place that we want to spend lots of our time when we retire,and as much as possible time before then.
If you want to try the island for a short holiday can I suggest staying at the CHOGM Villa. Not only does it give you a real taste of living in a mixed community environment, but you will also meet other apartment owners who have emigrated to Langkawi and will give you their honest thoughts on living there. The complex also has the best swimming pool on the island!
Have a look at apartmentinlangkawidotcom.
Good luck

Unique Qualities: A modern, well equipped 2 bedroom apartment on a secure complex on the outskirts of Kuah town in Langkawi.
Wonderful community, great pool, handy for Kuah, shops nearby.

Address: Kuah, Langkawi
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: On the south east edge of Kuah town, bordered by forest.
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Other
Website: http://www.aparmentinlangkawi.com

• Written Nov 8, 2011

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Pulau Langkawi?