"Universal Studios" Universal Studios Tip by Mayura.L

Universal Studios, Los Angeles: 123 reviews and 181 photos

A plane crash - it looked so real !
by Mayura.L

After a not-so good night sleep?jet lag I mean?.we managed to push ourselves out of the hotel by 10:00am to our next big Destination Universal Studios. It is a working studio with many serials(Desperate Housewives), movies are in action when you take the tour. My first impression after seeing the site map was, how the hell are we going to finish this in 1 day?..GULP ! We really enjoyed the 45 minute tour however the 45 minute waiting time for the tour was never ending, but it was worth it ! On the tour we were taken around the various sets and they showed us how the floods, fire, car chases & plane crashes etc are done in studios?.seemed very realistic, the effects were so real?.its amazing?.even the 360 3D king kong and dinosaur fights seemed so real?.that my 4 year old had a scare attack and she started howling?..it was a nightmare for her but it was compensated when she saw Dora?.he he he?.:) We enjoyed the rides too?..the Jurassic ride had a drop in the water and it was quite thrilling to see the dinosaurs?.:) Mummy Returns Ride was okay too?.The best thing that we liked about both the rides is they have single ride lanes which have absolutely 0 waiting time as compared to the normal lines. And with small kids its a blessing ! Mandar and Chat enjoyed the Termiator 2 - 3D which I and Nat conveniently managed to skip. We did enjoy the street shows. We also saw SHREK 4D, amazing effects and when the seats move and rock?.u really had it?.Chat enjoyed it a lot. We also enjoyed the Water World show?.the picture comes to life with death defying stunts, awesome explosions and an ocean of thrills, the guys really were awestruck and wish they would get a chance to ride the jet skis?.ha ha ha. So oververall a fun filled day and we went back to our hotel talking about the thrilling experiences we had.

Unique Things that I liked about Universal Studios - It has to be the Studio tour, its mind blowing. I also tasted Churro for the first time here. Its a the spanish Doughnut made out of fried dough pastry, with cinnamon sprinles?.it tastes yummy with Coffee?.:)

Address: 100 Universal City Pl., Universal City, CA 91608
Directions: Off the Hollywood Freeway (101) at the Universal Studios Blvd., Exit
Phone: (800) 864-8377
Website: http://www.universalstudioshollywood.com/

• Written Nov 7, 2011

“A mother of two who loves traveling !”

Ranked Member

Have you been to Los Angeles?