"BORDE HILL - "THE GARDEN'S" - 2" Lindfield Things to Do Tip by balhannah

Borde Hill Italian garden
      borde hill gardens
      Borde Hill garden
    by balhannah

So, I guess we are about a third of the way of our garden walk, and I have just come across a big Lizard sculpure, mmm, interesting!

It is now time to see the Italian garden room, said to be one of the most popular in the garden's.
Well, it is nice, having a formal retangular pool with lots of Water Lillies, and surrounded by flower garden, ceramic pots and garden seating to enjoy the far reaching views from here.

We were here at the right time for the "Rose Garden" and this was a picture, as they were in full bloom! Wow! Full of some 100 varieties of David Austin Rose's, I had never seen so many of this variety before!
Box hedges, Lavendar in full flower, Clematis, Delphinium, Peonie's and Phlox, I think this was my favorite!

The Paradise walk or Long walk running along the southern boundary and providing access to the Italian Garden, Round Dell and Old Potting Sheds, was pretty good too!

We didn't make the walk to the Lakes or the Playground, we had seen enough and really enjoyed it!
Our tummie's were saying..."Time for Lunch!"

If you need more information, the website is very good, and should tell you all you need to know.

Have a good time at Borde Hill Garden's!

Address: http://www.bordehill.co.uk/AboutUs/HowToFindUs/How
Website: http://www.bordehill.co.uk/

• Written Nov 6, 2011

“Don't wait till you retire to travel, do it now!”

Have you been to Lindfield?