"Hôtel Husa de la Couronne" Top 5 Page for this destination Husa Couronne Tip by Nemorino

Husa Couronne, Liège: 104 reviews and 3 photos

1. Hôtel Husa de la Couronne

1. Hôtel Husa de la Couronne
      2. The hotel as seen from the station
      3. My room with bicycle
    by Nemorino

This hotel has a funny name but an unbeatable location, not only right in front of the new railroad station but directly across from the new Bike Point in the station building.

I asked for and got a quiet room, and everything was clean and orderly so I was quite satisfied.

There was a different price each night, but they averaged out to 65.17 Euros per night, which is not exorbitant. Breakfast was not included and was listed as costing 15 Euros per person, which is much more than I am willing to pay, but when I got there it turned out there was also something called an “Express Breakfast” for six Euros, meaning you could only go to the buffet once and not go back for seconds.

Second photo: Here you can see how close the hotel is to the station, and also that the immediate neighborhood is an unattractive jumble of accidental architecture.

Third photo: When I rented my bicycle for three days at the Bike Point I asked if it would be safe to leave the bike overnight in the bicycle storage room at the station (locked of course) and they said the storage room was not guarded so it might be a better idea to ask at the hotel if I could leave it there. I asked at reception and they said I could simply take the bike up to my room, as long as it wasn’t full of mud. I said the bike was wet but not muddy, so I took it up (in the larger of the two elevators) and kept it in my room for two of the three nights. On the third night to save time I decided to leave it in the storage room in the station after all, which was also fine.

>>Back to my first tip/review<<

OR

>>Back to my Liège intro page>>

Address: Place des Guillemins 11, 4000 Liège, Belgium
Comparison: about average
Directions: GPS 50°37'32.82" North; 5°33'58.48" East
Phone: +32 (4) 340.30.00
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.hotelhusadelacouronne.be/default-en.html

• Updated Nov 9, 2011

Comments

Nemorino

“Cars from now on will have to be lighter, smaller, slower, cleaner – and fewer! ”

Have you been to Liège?