Katrinas: "Fabulous Breakfast" Top 5 Page for this destination Auburn Restaurant Tip by TooTallFinn24

Auburn Restaurants: 11 reviews and 10 photos

Katrina

Katrina
      Inisde of Katrina
    by TooTallFinn24

Located just outside of downtown Auburn, Katrina's is a small restaurant located on the Grass Valley Highway. While it looks like just your average run of the mill diner from the road this is a genuine gourmet breakfast establishment.

I was led to the restaurant by a combination of recommendations and reviews that I had seen on-line. The place is small with not a lot of tables. There is outdoor seating.
When I arrived on a weekday late in the morning, the place was packed. There was only one of me so it was easy to sit. In addition to a very large menu there are also specials handwritten on a board above the cash register.

It was hard to decide but I went for the tuscan scramble which was on the board. What this concoction consists of is seasoned ciabatta bread covered with goat cheese, then covered with scrambled eggs, with a kind of pesto sauce on top. Now I am not too gushy usually with my reviews but this place rocks. The taste was unforgettable and it was very tender to cut. I had the odwalla orange juice but no coffee. Service was quick and I got my food fairly quickly.

I also had the fruit side which consists of a variety of fresh fruit. There must have been at least four or five different fruits and all of them appeared to be fresh, not canned like in some breakfast places. I also had a side order of biscuits with gravy. You can order them either as a small or large. The biscuit was good nothing sensational but the gravy was to die for. I think the gravy could be served as a main course for lunch.

The menu is exhaustive. There must be at least twenty different omelettes on it alone. In addition, a wide variety of waffles, french toast, and pancakes as well. There is also a kid's menu. Katrina's also serves lunch but not dinner.

Katrina's is open only wed. to sat. from 7:00 to 2:30 p.m. and sun 7:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.

When I came back a second time to take pictures I spoke to a lady named Allyson. She said the restaurant has been there for 27 years. So VT'ers if you are coming by in the not too distant future it is likely to be there.

Favorite Dish: Tuscan Scramble, and the homemade biscuits with gravy!

Address: 456 Grass Valley Highway
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: In Auburn take Highway 49 north towards Grass Valley. Katrina's is less than a mile and on the right hand side of the road. Plenty of parking in back.
Phone: 530-888-1166
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 5
Theme: Breakfast

• Written Nov 3, 2011

Comments

TooTallFinn24

“Travel is the only thing you can buy that makes you richer.”

Have you been to Auburn?