"Do NOT stay here" Emeraude Helios Opera Tip by ronaldo07

Emeraude Helios Opera, Paris: 166 reviews and 0 photos

Stayed there for 8 days and had money stolen inside our room from the luggage which were always locked. After the first night some of my money was missing and thought I might have miscalculated it, not until the 5th day that we realized A LOT more of our money was stolen and what hapened on the first night really did happen.

Went to the police the next morning. The lady hotel manager told my wife, whilst I was at the station, not to bother because the police wouldn?t do anything and the station I went to doesn?t handle theft.
We definitely tried to cancel our last nights there and she said it would be impossible because we booked it online (don?t travellers book online!?). We spent the rest of our stay very upset and also very worried and anxious that someone might enter our room anytime.

The fact that it?s happened more than one occasion and the theft didn?t take all of the money meant that it was done by someone from the inside (you guessed it) and they meant to get away with it, they got greedy because of our long stay, took some more and that?s when we realized it happened.

Please no judgment on where to keep our money, theft can happen anytime, anywhere, anyplace and we only wish to share what we experienced so it would not happen to anyone else.

Very poor response from the Hotel, the manager was only fixated on proving her staff innocense, wasn?t very apologetic at all (not a single ?sorry? came out from her mouth) and failed to ensure our safety for the rest of our nights. They could?ve done better, much better.

Save yourself the time and possibly things missing from your luggage and choose somewhere else to stay. Unless the Hotel do something about this, I?m certain it would not be the last.
I?m available anytime if you want further details about this.

Unique Qualities: Staff speaks english.
Small Room
Not enough lighting.

Address: 75 Rue De La Victoire, Paris, Ile-de-France, 75009, France
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: 33 1 48742864
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.opera-hotel-paris.fr/en/

• Updated Nov 3, 2011

Comments

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.