"Mutianyu: Cableway & Slideway" Great Wall of China - Mutianyu Tip by cal6060

Great Wall of China - Mutianyu, Beijing: 92 reviews and 242 photos

by cal6060

When I arrived at Mutianyu parking area, I had three options to reach to the Great Wall. First, I could take the Cable Car from the North Entrance. Second, I could walk the trails. Third, I could go Cableway, and return by the Slideway from the South Entrance.

Well, I was given 3 hours to explore this Great Wall. My target was to visit Zheng Guan Tai and Big Corner Tower. I did not think I had enough time to walk the trails. If I ride with the Cable Car from the Northern Entrance, I might not have enough time to walk to Big Corner Tower, which is located on the east side of the Wall. So, I took the Cableway to reach the wall, and came down by the Slideway at the Southern Entrance.

Slideway is an unique ride as I had not see it in some other attractions. Basically, it is a winding metal track that slide you down to the bottom of the hill. It could be fun to ride it, but it takes time to queue for your turn as it has only one seat for each ride. If you have time constrain, you can always take the Cableway down.

Ticket Fare: Y80 (Return)

Opening Hours: Summer (7:30-17:30)
Winter (8:00-16:30)

Directions: In Mutianyu Great Wall Southern Entrance.
Phone: +86 10 6162 6022
Website: http://www.mutianyugreatwall.com

• Updated Nov 3, 2011

Comments

cal6060

“Planning! Moving! Seeing! Touching! Believing! ”

Have you been to Beijing?