Angelina's: "Outpost of Paris' chocolate heaven" Versailles Restaurant Tip by Dabs

Versailles Restaurants: 24 reviews and 45 photos

I was so looking forward to treating my niece to Angelina's while in Paris and then learned that there was a location at Versailles-perfect, right? Not exactly, the Angelina's in the palace had very little seating so we had to have our hot chocolate while standing at a table. The location in the gardens near the Petit Trianon has some outdoor seating with some umbrellas for shade so this is a better option if you have headed towards that area.

Favorite Dish: And then there is the hot chocolate African, at the location in Paris, they give you some sweet whipping cream to mix in with it, not so here. My niece crinkled her nose and I knew after tasting it that it would be too bitter for her. They wouldn't allow me to reenter the palace with hot chocolate so I had to waste hers as I couldn't possibly drink two in such a short period of time. I thought the garden location would have a larger menu but it didn't, the hot chocolate still came without the sweet whipping cream although I did try unsuccessfully to ask for it. We also ordered their specialty dessert, the Mont Blanc to share. It's extremely rich, not to mention a bit pricey, the Mont Blanc is a chestnut cream exterior, inside is cream and meringue.

Address: Chateau de Versailles
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Another location at the Petit trianon which should be open to the public, Palace location only open to ticket holders
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 3
Theme: Dessert

• Updated Jun 13, 2013

More Restaurants in Versailles (1)

Comments

Dabs

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Have you been to Versailles?