Ard Daraich Bed and Breakfast: "Bed and Breakfast off the beaten path" Scotland Hotel Tip by IngaRita

Scotland Hotels: 273 reviews and 467 photos

Let's face it, there's lots of places to stay in Scotland. From hostels to bed and breakfasts to swanky hotels. I'm usually a budget traveler, but this time around I let my friend Anne Marie book the accommodations and she did a fabulous job. The BnB consists of a house with about 4 rooms and a studio/cottage that you can also rent. We stayed in 2 different rooms during our stay. Both were warm, simple, and comfy. One had a tub and one did not. Both rooms were fine for 2 people and the beds were very comfortable. One room had a shared bathroom with a tub and the other had it's own bath with no tub.
The house contains a kitchen, dinning room, living room and bedrooms. The atmosphere is very laid back. We didn't spend spend much time at the house because we spent our days out and about the countryside.
Breakfast was absolutely wonderful and cooked to order. Norrie usually will ask you the night before what you'd like to eat and what time. Every morning I had a poached egg, tomatoes, toast, ham, fruit, and coffee. There's also granola and tea.
The rooms were about $65/night/each. This was the way we split it up.
The floors were squeaky but I never heard the people who were staying above us and I'm a very light sleeper.

Unique Qualities: Owners Norrie and Anna are very interesting people and will tell you all about the area, the people, and things to do. We asked them for ideas for hikes and they gave us lots of ideas and we basically spent our days following their tips.
Location...It's located in an area called Ardgour, which is near Fort Williams but not that close. Ft. Williams is not an attractive area but it's probably the largest town nearby. We visited but quickly left, because it was so unappealing. Ardgour is across the loch and about 1-2 miles from the Corran ferry. The Corran Ferry is south of Ft. Williams. Taking the ferry is much easier than driving around, which is doable.

Address: Ardgour, Near Fort William, Inverness-shire. PH33 7AB
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Near Ft. Williams, well, sort of. South of Ft. Williams, across the lock, 1-2 miles from the Corran Ferry.
othercontact: Norrie and Anna
Phone: 01855 841 384
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Bed and Breakfast
Website: http://www.arddaraich.co.uk/

• Written Nov 2, 2011

Comments

IngaRita

“Not all who wander are lost - Tolkien”

Have you been to Scotland?