Vin de Syrah: "Beautiful place! you'll feel Alice in wonderland" Vin De Syrah Spirit & Wine Parlor Tip by morochaargentina

Vin de Syrah Entrance
      Vin de Syrah Stairs
    by morochaargentina

This is probably one of the coolest places I?ve ever been in my life. I read about it in the Hollywood reporter and they warn me: you HAVE to know where you are going or you will not find it! It?s on the corner of 5th Ave and E St; under the Glaslamp Hotel, next to the Melting Pot. Look at the entrance! I?ve seen pictures of the inside, and I knew it was a really cool place, but the entrance screams ?get out of here as soon as you can!? Then you go downstairs and you see ?grass? all over the place. Not much light and you are like ?is this going anywhere??? there was a group of guys trying to get in as well, we were all confused? then I saw something that looked like a knob door and there we find the entrance? when we opened that door, we could not believe what was on the other side, one of the most amazing places ever! It makes you feel you are outside, in an ?Alice in wonderland? story, you even have beautiful umbrellas hanging from the ceiling!

This is mainly a wine bar, with small food to pair with your wines and some entrees and other drinks. We stick to the wines. Happy hour is from 4 to 8 pm, $5 house wines and $10 flights.

They have a nice wine list, so we went for some local wines. Service was excellent as well. The place was packed but we had no problem. Service was fast and impecable.

I would say, this is a MUST go! If you have to travel for 2 hours to get there... it?s worth it!

Favorite Dish: the wine list :)

Address: 901 5th Avenue, San Diego 92101
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Between E St. & Broadway. Gaslamp Quarter
Phone: (619) 234-4166
Price: US$31-40
Rating: 5
Theme: Wine Bar/Wine Tasting

• Written Nov 2, 2011

“Be a traveller, not a tourist”

Have you been to San Diego?