"THE TIRE GAME" Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Local Custom Tip by DAO
Africa Local Customs: 97 reviews and 215 photos
I first really noticed this on the island of Zanzibar. During my stay in Jambiani Village I kept seeing kids playing with old bicycle tire rims. They would use a good stick and propel the tire along the road at great speed with the stick pushing along the groove. Not only is this not easy to do ? these kids were amazing fast. If you think its easy ? give it a try.
I have also seen children across Africa using larger tires, even car tires in a slighly differnet fashion. This is a game where children with little or nothing, find perfectly fun toys using what is to hand and some imagination.
More Local Customs in Africa (31)
More Reviews (395)
- See All Don?t Bother in Massawa
- See All Not Quite Right in Massawa, Eritrea
- See All Its Officially a Joke in Burkina Faso
- See All RETURN GLASS BOTTLES
- See All USEFUL IN TOGO
- See All THE STREET TAILORS
- See All KOLOBENG NATIONAL MEMORIAL - BOTSWANA
- See All A HUNDRED WAYS TO DIE
- See All THE GREATEST MARATHON RUNNER IN THE...
- See All SHONGOLOLO !
- See All SINK PLUGS
- See All FOOTBALL ? THE INTERNATIONAL SPORT
DAO's Related Pages
Have you been to Africa?Share Your Travels