"TRUMMELBACH FALLS- CHUTES 6-10" Top 5 Page for this destination Lauterbrunnen Things to Do Tip by balhannah

Lauterbrunnen Things to Do: 101 reviews and 253 photos

Walkway @ Trummelbach falls

Walkway @ Trummelbach falls
    by balhannah

We are lucky that we were visiting these falls now, as over the years more and more of the falls have been opened to the public.

Back between 1877 - 1886, it was only the lower falls that were accessible, then in 1986 access to three upper falls, a gallery and lookouts were added. The lower part of the gorge was connected to the upper half in 1990, this made another three falls visible. Now we can see 10 waterfalls with the difference in height between the lowest and the highest fall -140 metres.

I think what first hit me was the sound of the water, it was loud! Next was the sight of the water gushing through narrow places inbetween giant boulders, probably having carved its way through here over thousands of years.
We were here in June, this is when the snow and glacier ice melts, so there was plenty of water going over, they say itt could be 20,000 litres a second!

I decided to walk to the very top and then head back down, this took me from Chute 6 to Chute 10 which was as far as I could go. I was glad the pathway was lit as all I could hear was the tremendously loud, powerful, rushing and frolicking water making its way down hill.
There were some stairs you can climb and look down to Chutes 8 & 9

Chute 6, is a pretty popular one that everybody tends to photograph.
So far, so good, I will head to downhill in the next tip......

Website: http://www.truemmelbachfaelle.ch/truemmelbach/erschliessung.php?lang=en

• Updated May 1, 2016

balhannah

“Don't wait till you retire to travel, do it now!”

Have you been to Lauterbrunnen?