Bubba Gump Shrimp: "Amazing food and atmosphere" Hong Kong Restaurant Tip by lindyz

Hong Kong Restaurants: 976 reviews and 1,256 photos

Loved this place - Run Forrest Run <3

• Loved this place - Run Forrest Run 3 - Hong Kong
      Loved this place - Run Forrest Run <3
    by lindyz
      You flip to STOP when you want a waiter-brilliant!
    by lindyz
      Our Jenny shrimp entree - sooooo cute!
    by lindyz
      Our shrimp main meal - yummy!
    by lindyz
      Me sipping on my cocktail I got to keep the glass!
    by lindyz

I am a HUGE fan of Forrest Gump so when we first came across the Bubba Gump Restaurant up at the Peak, I said to Frank that we just had to go back there and eat dinner one night .... and we did!!!

There was at first a HUGE wait for a table of about an hour (as we did not book, so if you want to make sure you get a table, then please book it) but then the lady came back and said they had a table for 2 so we took it! The memorabilia in this place is just awesome .... I loved it to bits, hence my opening pic for my Hong Kong page.

There is also a souvenir shop attached to the Restaurant, which I of course obliged them with. Even if you are not a fan of Forrest Gump or shrimp (prawns) in general, there are plenty menu options that are not seafood and the view from up here at night ............ WOWWWWWWW!!!!!!! We were also lucky enough to get a table with a view of the harbour and the lights, so it was pretty special.

Favorite Dish: We ate lots of shrimp here!!! We had America's Entree (shrimp) and then shared the Shrimper's Heaven for main .... which is soooo cute cos it comes in a Jenny boat!!!! Frank had a beer and I had a cocktail (Lt. Dan Punch) and the great thing with most of their cocktails is that you get to keep the glass!!! And its a HUGE glass, so for $88HK you get the cocktail and a keepsake glass.
Total cost for the meal was $558HK which is about $70AUD which is still pretty good value I think.

I would highly recommend at meal at Bubba Gumps at the Peak.

Address: Shop 304, 128 Peak Rd, Peak Tower
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: 28492867
Price: US$31-40
Rating: 5
Theme: Diner
Website: http://www.bubbagump.com

• Written Nov 1, 2011

Comments

lindyz

“logic takes you from A to B ... imagination takes you everywhere ...”

Have you been to Hong Kong?