"St. Lucia Animal Protection Society" Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Lucia Things to Do Tip by cjg1

Saint Lucia Things to Do: 159 reviews and 347 photos

Kitties on one of the restaurant chairs
      Kitties on one of the restaurant chairs
      My wife's favorite kitty
      So cute
      Just lounging
      I'm hungry
    by cjg1

Stray animals are abundant in St. Lucia. At our resort in particular there was a number of stray cats living on the property. It was so sad to see these animals living under bushes, tables and in the sand. Some were very thin; looking for food and attention. It broke our hearts to see these small creatures in such a sad state. We spent alot of time feeding the cats from our leftover meals. Despite my pleading my wife had to pet them and said they were very clean considering their living conditions; and were very happy to be touched. It was very hard to see cats so neglected and unloved...especially since we have a kitten at home that we spoil greatly.

At the end of the week we found out that some of the resort staff put food out for the cats on a daily basis; so some of them at least the fast ones to the food dish were getting fed. During a trip to Marigot Bay we found an Animal Protection Society Drop box for donations. We decided to donate some money for the animals of St. Lucia. The society rescues strays; neuters and spays them, gives vaccinations and finds homes for them. It made me feel better knowing someone on the island is looking out for the animals.

• Updated Nov 2, 2011

“There is no such thing as once in a lifetime unless you didn't like it.”

Have you been to Saint Lucia?