"Mendoza - the dutch scammer is still out" Mendoza Warnings Or Dangers Tip by sudsnz

Mendoza Warnings and Dangers: 23 reviews and 14 photos

The Belgium bastard got us today just before we entered our hotel! He asked for directions in the beginning and then asked us if we'd had any problems in Mendoza. He said he arrived that morning and hates it, he wants to return home. Finally before walking away I asked why he hates it, if he'd been robbed and he said he'd lost everything at the bus station, money belt, passport, back pack and he needs to stay in a hostel for the night and get back to Buenos Aires. I was still thinking we'd leave it his problem but he was convincing and me not liking the thought of being stuck in the same situation, I gave him 30 pesos. Mum then gave him another 50 pesos. I then searched 'safety in Mendoza' on the internet once we returned to the hotel and found these warnings. I can't believe he's still doing it! I don't think it is necessarily unsafe here but he is ruining the image of Mendoza and preventing people from helping those who are really in need. He caught us around the central plaza and is of a thick set, blonde and late 30's. Be aware!!

• Written Nov 1, 2011

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Mendoza?