PIZ GLORIA: "Meal with a view!" Top 5 Page for this destination Lauterbrunnen Restaurant Tip by balhannah

Lauterbrunnen Restaurants: 9 reviews and 11 photos

Schnitzel meal @ Piz Gloria
by balhannah

It was Lunch time and we wanted to wait and see if the fog cleared a bit. What to do, but head into the Gift shop, then the World's highest revolving Restaurant to see what it was like.

To be truthful, we thought it would be terribly expensive, after all, it was a revolving Restaurant on a Mountain which was very popular with Tourists. We had a look at the Menu and were very pleasantly surprised. The meals were only a little more expensive than we had paid elsewhere in Switzerland.

Next, were there spare tables by the window, and there were, so we went and sat at one and enjoyed the view while waiting to be served. The staff were busy, so we may have waited a little longer than normal, I am not sure because we were enjoying the "the view," - it was fantastic!

The Schnitzel meal arrived, a full plate of food that was a struggle for me to get through, but I did, and we both agreed it was excellent!
There was no rush to go outside again, as the full 360° experience takes about an hour.
All we wanted to do, was to sit and relax after our meal and savour this special experience!

Address: Piz Gloria on Schilthorn Mountain
Rating: 5
Theme: Local
Website: http://schilthorn.ch/en/Welcome

• Updated May 2, 2016

• Odiseya's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2016 at 4:37 AM

Interesting information! Country is so expencive and I am glad I read from you that is still, after all, prices similar with other restaurants. I usually avoid restaurants but I would like to see view. Food is not so appealing to me, it is similar with our hotel restaurants schitzel.
    I find its manu on site (even your link is not working at first) and I notice some nice meals.

• davidjo's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2014 at 12:36 AM

rather a small portion

balhannah

“Don't wait till you retire to travel, do it now!”

Have you been to Lauterbrunnen?