"Cosy place with reasonable price at SUPER location" Red Roofs Hotel Tip by WanderingFinn

Red Roofs Hotel, Riga: 37 reviews and 1 photos

Outside hotel; on cosy cobbled street in old town
by WanderingFinn

I was booking very late as my whole trip was almost an ex tempore trip. As they did not have free single room for me for whole my stay; they booked me first to a dorm of six persons. Once I arrived in hotel, I faced a nice surprise: the staff told me they were able to organise a free private room anyway for me meanwhile, but that I should change rooms after the first night. They told me I would get it (the first night) for the price of the bed in dorm! Very friendly. They just told me they wanted to give it to me at that price "because we did the change without asking you".

I enjoyed the location very much; I saved a lot of time, money and my feet as I could always walk everywhere and during day come back to rest any time and I did not need to use taxi or public transportation inside town.

The feeling and athmosphere was nice and cosy as the place was small and not any big "sterile" chain hotel. One evening I happened to get free serenades - almost under my windown on a narrow cobbled street there was an Italian restaurant, and a few Italian musicians performed in fron of it to the public. I enjoyed wine in my room, sitting by the window, watching and listening!

Unique Qualities: The great location! Located in a great easily reachable place in the heart of the old town Riga. Next to the Galeriga Centrs shopping center, walking distance to all old town sights and restaurants; also walking distance to main train station and bus station. Additionally, Air Baltic minibus service vans (from airport) take you very near.

The great staff! Perhaps among the most helpful and friendly staff I ever met. They really take all initiative to make your stay nicest possible and to help you in whatever they can. They organised me from somewhere a special old type of mobile charger as my own was broken, and told me suggestions and advices on local things, sights and restaurants.

Address: 6 Jana, Riga, LV 1050, Latvia
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
othercontact: reservation@redroofs.lv
Phone: +371-67350560
Price: US$20-40
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.redroofs.lv

• Written Nov 1, 2011

“Carpe Diem! Never judge the book by the cover!”

Have you been to Riga?