Laoag Renzo Hotel: "Value for money accommodation in Laoag City" Laoag City Hotel Tip by filipino_valkyrie

Laoag City Hotels: 27 reviews and 72 photos

Bed for a standard double room

Bed for a standard double room
      TV and wardrobe
      hot shower
    by filipino_valkyrie

While I was researching on where to stay in Laoag City, I was torn between Balay de Blas Pensionne House and Laoag Renzo Hotel. What made me choose Laoag Renzo Hotel was their promo of stay two nights, get the third night free. This would definitely stretch our budget a little longer.

At first, I was a bit apprehensive whether it would be a good place to stay. Thankfully, I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was not just affordable, it also provided excellent service and good accommodations.

We got a standard double room for P1,350. It was clean and comfortable. There was hot and cold shower, free wi-fi a ref, as well as complimentary breakfast for two. There was also a water boiler, hair dryer and television. As most hotels, it was air-conditioned. The wardrobe was big enough to accommodate two backpacks. The desk table was near two outlets if you have a computer or phone to charge. The bedside table also had a couple of plugs.

The rooms were found on the third and fourth floors. Some visitors might not like the fact that they had no elevators, but I did not mind it at all. It helps burn a few calories from all the wonderful Ilokano cuisine you will be eating. However, this place might not be advisable to older clients, those with small children or those on wheelchairs. If you also choose to stay here, better use duffel bags or backpacks instead of wheeled luggages.

The buffet breakfast was not that bad either. They offer three to four choices of viand, including a noodle based meal, friend rice and banana. You could also choose between coffee and a cold drink (iced tea or lemonade, depending on what is available). The first day, I chose coffee but found it too weak for my taste. The lemonade I had the next day was quite refreshing.

The staff are very accommodating. One even helped me find a massage place though they did offer home service. I told them I would rather go to the place (it would be cheaper). They got a reservation for me, even if they lose their commission if they were able to convince me to do a home service.

Over all, I would definitely recommend this place. It's location is strategic. There is a supermarket right beside it so you can buy yourself some supplies in case you run out. Plus the rooms are comfortable and the staff provide good service.

Unique Qualities: I appreciated that there was a water boiler so I could make my own coffee since I did not like the coffee they served at the buffet. There was also a fridge where we could keep our water cold. I was not expecting complimentary breakfast, but there it was for us to enjoy.

It is also strategically located in the middle of the city, making it accessible to public transportation. It was near a lot of eating places and is located right beside the supermarket where you can get supplies like toothpaste or toothbrush in case you forgot.

Their wifi is free, unlike higher end hotels. Even without us asking, they already provided us the passcode after we checked in.

Definitely, this place provided good service.

Address: Laoag City
Price Comparison: about average
Price: US$20-40
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.laoagrenzohotel.com

• Written Oct 31, 2011

Comments

filipino_valkyrie

“Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can - JRR Tolkien”

Ranked Member

Have you been to Laoag City?