"Ease of use of Cash Passport Card" Hong Kong Favorite Tip by lindyz

Hong Kong General: 562 reviews and 650 photos

Favorite thing: Each time I visit a different country, I do some research into the best way to take funds to that country. For my last few trips, the easiest way I've found to do that is to take some cash in Australian Dollars and the bulk of my funds using a Travelex Cash Passport Card.

These cards are just so easy to use and also give you a good exchange rate, which is locked in when you purchase the card. There are 2 types of cards, one that can be used only at atm machines and then one that you can use at atm's and also to purchase things over the counter and online, like a debit card. The cash passport card is a visa card, so you can use it any atm that displays the visa symbol, which is usually about 95% of atm's that I come across.

Fees for loading the card with a foreign currency in Australia and zero and the only fee you will be charged is a flat $3.75 fee for every atm withdrawal. For this trip, I loaded my card with Hong Kong dollars and just got the atm card. Atm's are so easy to find in Hong Kong and also very easy to use, with simple instructions in english. I had no trouble at all using the cash passport card in Hong Kong and I will continue to use it for future travels. I think the card has a 3 year lifespan.

Further details at their website:-

• Updated Oct 31, 2011

More General in Hong Kong (1)

“logic takes you from A to B ... imagination takes you everywhere ...”

Have you been to Hong Kong?