"PARSON?S CHAMELEON (MADAGASCAR)" Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Things to Do Tip by DAO
Africa Things to Do: 366 reviews and 1,024 photos
These docile little guys are actually the largest Chameleons in the world. They are indigenous to Madagascar and mainly inhabit the rain forests. They grow to about 40cm and move very slowly. The males have a large helmet like structure called a casque with 2 rounded horns. Their tongues can be longer than their bodies! Makes it easier to catch food. You can pick them up, but try to leave them alone. They are more than happy to pose for photographs.
More Things to Do in Africa (86)
More Reviews (340)
- See All Don?t Bother in Massawa
- See All Not Quite Right in Massawa, Eritrea
- See All The Flag of Burkina Faso
- See All Its Officially a Joke in Burkina Faso
- See All USEFUL IN TOGO
- See All THE STREET TAILORS
- See All KOLOBENG NATIONAL MEMORIAL - BOTSWANA
- See All A HUNDRED WAYS TO DIE
- See All THE GREATEST MARATHON RUNNER IN THE...
- See All SHONGOLOLO !
- See All SINK PLUGS
- See All FOOTBALL ? THE INTERNATIONAL SPORT
DAO's Related Pages
Have you been to Africa?Share Your Travels