Greenhill Country House: "Don't leave anything behind!" Wales Hotel Tip by Marysdaughter

Wales Hotels: 53 reviews and 73 photos

Adequate, clean accommodation and quite good value for money. Friendly female staff on reception who also served us breakfast on one occasion - so probably short staffed.

The restaurant wasn't available for evening dinner, so we drove to Tenby, where there is a good choice of restaurants - a taxi would have cost around 20 one way!!!

We returned home on the Sunday evening and I didn't unpack my bag properly for a couple of days, whereupon I realised I had left my jewellery behind in a drawer in the hotel bedroom!!!!

I wasn't too concerned at that point as the hotel hadn't been busy, so it was likely that our room was still vacant. I rang the hotel and spoke to a man on reception, who grudgingly went to check the drawers in the bedroom. He said the room hadn't been let, but my jewellery wasn't there. My partner rang up later and spoke to the same person, who said he would check again, but he was quite short with my partner. I decided to ring the Police as the jewellery included a white gold necklace I had been given by my partner for my 50th birthday, so it meant a lot to me.

The hotel managerial staff were adamant that all members of staff were trustworthy, but they seemed to be more concerned with themselves than trying to find out what had happened to my jewellery! It was intimated that I had lost it or hadn't left it behind at all. All in all, they were most unhelpful (and their story kept changing).

To cut a long story short - the jewellery turned up over a month later and was returned to me. Can you guess what was missing?

We all leave things behind at some time or other. Yes it would have been wonderful if my necklace had been returned, but at the very least I would have expected to be treated with empathy by the hotel. They offered no apology or recompense. There was no communication.

Address: Greenhills Country Hotel, St Florence, Wales SA70 8NB
Price Comparison: about average
Theme: Hotel

• Updated Oct 30, 2011

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.