"Taking Photos" General Warnings Tip by Donna_in_India
General Warnings, Delhi: 27 reviews and 19 photos
1. If there are signs saying ?No photos?, don?t take pictures! (Some airports & bridges, Military Bases, etc. are off-limits!)
2. Learn how to use your camera before the trip. If there are signs saying ?No flash?, make sure you know how to use the camera without it.
3. If you see a couple or family where one person taking pictures of the other(s), offer to take a picture of both/all of them. Maybe they?ll reciprocate.
4. Don't take pictures of worshippers.
5. Ask BEFORE you take a photo of someone. (It's easy to gesture with your camera if someone doesn't understand english.) Most people will say yes. I've rarely come across anyone that doesn't want to have his/her photo taken. Share the photo in your playback screen - children especially love this and it's a good way to make new friends! I've had alot of fun with people and their reactions to being photographed and then seeing themselves.
6. You'll be visiting alot of caves, forts, temples, etc. that may be hard to identify when you return home. Before entering, take a photo of a sign with the name of the place (each! cave, etc.).
7. Keep an eye on your camera equipment all the time!
8. Bring more digital photo cards/film than you think you will need. Bring an extra battery.
9. Charge your camera batteries every night.
More Reviews (11)
Donna_in_India's Related Pages
Have you been to Delhi?Share Your Travels