Holiday Inn, Solstice Park: "A corporate chain with charm" Stonehenge Hotel Tip by JulesH

Stonehenge Hotels: 3 reviews and 2 photos

Stonehenge artistically represented in the hotel
by JulesH

We weren't expecting to stay at a hotel as we had headed to Glastonbury with every intention of camping 4 days at the site. However, the relentless rain, plus the fact we were camped on a hill somewhat marred our enjoyment, so we (quite literally) decamped early. We had driven past the homely looking Holiday Inn at Solstice Park, a small newly built industrial estate off the A303. It looked so welcoming after our mudbath at Glastonbury that I begged Rob to let us stay somewhere civilised for just one night. He was as fed up as I was, so we crammed all of our muddy stuff into the car and checked in, hoping we wouldn't get thrown out for messing up their nice clean reception.

The reception staff could not have been more welcoming though. The lady behind the desk sympathised with me in my mud encrusted, unshowered, rainsodden state, and gave me a zip bag filled with Sanctuary bath and beaty products. They checked us into a room with a gloriously luxurious bath and overbath shower. Now of course, this review may seem a tiny bit biased, as after 4 days without a shower anything seems great, but this really was a top bathroom. The room was comfortable and contemporary and the dining room served up a highly satisfactory 3 course dinner. I'd definitely stay here again.

Unique Qualities: Despite being on an industrial estate, there were pleasant views across the adjacent fields. I'm not sure if that will remain the case for long though as this appears to be a developing area. The customer service and initial welcome were second to none. The food was great, and the restaurant sweeps round in a majestic arc with floor to ceiling panoramic windows. Only 3 miles from Stonehenge.

Address: Mid Summer Place, Solstice Park, Amesbury, SP4 7SQ
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: + 44 (0) 845 2413535
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.hisalisbury-stonehenge.co.uk/

• Written Oct 29, 2011

Comments

JulesH

“Travel to expand the experience and to live one little adventure after another. ”

Have you been to Stonehenge?