"Restaurant y Cafeteria Rodelu" Top 5 Page for this destination Latacunga Restaurant Tip by MalenaN

Latacunga Restaurants: 11 reviews and 25 photos

I hadn?t seen many places around the hostel for eating and didn?t want to go too far for an early dinner. In my guidebook I saw that Hotel Rodelu with the Restaurant and Cafeteria Rodelu was only a block away. The restaurant was closed when I visited, but the cafeteria was open.

I ordered a small pizza with chicken and a lemon juice. It all tasted good and I paid $3.40 (July 2011). I came back to have the same kind of pizza after a week of hiking in the Quilotoa area, and now I ordered a big one. It was too big for me, but I ate as much as I could. The big pizza with a papaya juice was $9.80.

Besides wood oven pizzas there are sandwiches, salads, , hamburgers, ice cream, different coffees and juices available at the cafeteria.
Update 2012: When visiting Latacunga in 2012 I stayed at Hotel Rosim, which is just next to Hotel Rodelu, and the cafeteria and restaurant (the exit is actually in the reception of Hotel Rodelu). So I ate breakfast at Rodelu every morning and because I got a terrible cold with temperature I also ate many of my meals here. Most times I ate in the restaurant and only once in the cafeteria.
This is what I ate in July 2012:
Breakfast (coffee, bread, butter, juice and eggs): $3.25 (without eggs it was $3.10)
Small chicken pizza: $2.80

Rating: 0
Theme: Other
Website: http://www.rodelu.com.ec

• Updated Sep 1, 2012

Have you been to Latacunga?