"Liverpool Lime Street Station" Liverpool Transportation Tip by spidermiss

Liverpool Lime Street Station

Liverpool Lime Street Station
      Plaforms 4 and 5 at Liverpool Lime Street
    by spidermiss
      Lime Street Railway Station at night!
    by spidermiss

In October 2011 I took a train to Liverpool from Manchester Piccadilly. It took me 45 minutes to reach Liverpool Lime Street Station and cost me 10.50 gbp (Off peak day return - October 2011). I travelled on an East Midlands Train where the journey started at Nottingham and terminated at Liverpool.

When I returned to Liverpool in March 2013 I took a direct Transpennine Express train from Leeds. The journey took almost two hours to reach Liverpool Lime Street Station. I booked an advance ticket and it cost me 27.00 gbp return (March 2013) and had to travel at specified times. I could have got it cheaper but left my travel arrangements rather at the last minute but still saved a bit of money than buying a ticket on the day. The train journey started in Scarborough and terminated in Liverpool and on the way back the train terminated in York.

Transpennine Express, Northern Rail, East Midlands Trains, London Midland and Virgin Trains are the train companies that operate to and from Liverpool Lime Street Station. Please check their websites for further information and prices.

Mode: TO
othercontact: Lime Street, Liverpool L1 1JD
Phone: 08457 11 41 41
Type: Train
Website: http://www.networkrail.co.uk/aspx/891.aspx

• Updated Mar 16, 2013

Comments

spidermiss

“Seeing the World!”

Have you been to Liverpool?