Shasa Resort and Residences: "Super Hidden Gem" Ko Samui Hotel Tip by mike555

Ko Samui Hotels: 270 reviews and 397 photos

I?ve been travelling to Thailand for years now, and I must say that Ko Samui is my favorite place in this wonderful country to come and just relax and do nothing. In fact, I have been to Ko Samui at least 10 times now, but my last visit to the island was by far the best. The reason? Because I discovered the Shasa Resort that?s why!
Quite simply, the Shasa resort is the best I have found on the island. It?s the nicest, cleanest, most comfortable, and what?s more it?s probably the friendliest too! No word of a lie, the staff went all out to make sure me and my family had everything we could possibly need, the service was exceptional. The hospitality here is quite simply incredible when compared to other resorts. For once, it actually felt as if the staff didn?t see this as just being their job. It seemed as if they really cared that we enjoyed our holiday ? and even more so when they discovered I could speak a bit of Thai language!

Apart from the great staff, the whole setting and feel of the place was just great. The views and the beach are amazingly beautiful, and they offer tons of privacy. As for the room itself, this was superb! I don?t know what to say, but at that price I doubt you?ll be able to find a more luxurious place to stay anywhere on the island. The first thing I noticed about the room when we walked in the door was the incredible view we had of the beach. All of the rooms at Shasa have great ocean views, so it?s not like you need to worry about booking one, whichever you get will surely be great.
The room was nicely decorated, and the staff were very thoughtful to put some candles and flower in there for us. I also really loved the bathroom. I love nothing better than just relaxing in the tub, and this was almost the size of a small swimming pool!
I should also point out there was a couple of bottles of wine in the fridge, perfect for a connoisseur like me who appreciates a drink in the evening.

If you appreciate good food, then you?ll appreciate the great tasting dishes they have at the restaurants. I actually forget the name of it now, but the menu was simply awesome ? all your favorite Thai foods, plus a huge selection of international foods. The chef was great as well, very happy to oblige you if you had any special requests, such as less spicy than usual, or if you wanted him to add a little extra ingredient he would be more than happy to do so. Be sure to try the omelets for breakfast if you can, I thought they were outstanding!

While I?m not so keen on being pampered, I should add that my wife thought the spa here was great. She had a massage every single day, and she said she felt all the better for it. And she?s pretty hot on her spas so when she says a service is good, I?ll take her word for it.

Shasa Resort was fantastic. For the price of the rooms, I think it would be very hard to find a more comfortable and more relaxing resort as Shasa. As for us, I don?t think we?ll bother trying to find somewhere else. Next time we return to Ko Samui we?ll certainly be staying at Shasa again.

Unique Qualities: The view was sensational!

Address: Laem Sett Beach, Ko Samui, Thailand
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: +66 77 913 888
Price: US$120-180
Theme: Hotel

• Written Oct 27, 2011

More Hotels in Ko Samui (1)

Ranked Member

Have you been to Ko Samui?