"Young Travelers - Do not stay here!" Hotel Kette Tip by SarahMorrison

Hotel Kette, Venice: 1,042 reviews and 8 photos

"My two and I were traveling Europe in July and our agent booked us a room here because of price and location. We met another friend in Venice for the day to tour the city together as she was also traveling through Italy. That particular day the Italian transit went on strike around noon so my friend who met us for the day had no way of leaving the island until the next day at noon when the strike was off. (We did not plan for this to happen, she had train tickets to leave the city at 6pm). We assumed she would have no problem staying with us in our hotel that night because of the circumstances. We came back to Hotel Kette around 11pm and the manager at the front desk had the front door locked. He asked to see all of our ID's which we had but because my one friend did not have a reservation he would not let her in. We kindly tried to explain the situation to him (WAHGHI EL DIN) but he was INCREDIBLY ignorant and threatened to not let any of us back in the hotel. We pleaded with him to let us in the hotel because the rest of the town was shut down at that time of night. He ended up charging my friend 200 euros to purchase her own room instead of letting her stay with us. The next morning we were walking down to breakfast and overheard this man (WAGHI EL DIN) mocking us in Italian to his co workers. We were extremely upset and the entire ordeal ruined our trip in Venice. YOUNG TRAVELERS do not stay here. Ignorant, rude, and unaccommodating!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Unique Qualities: Rooms were dark and poorly decorated. Not recommended.

Address: San Marco 2053, Venice, Veneto, 30124, Italy
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Location was good, that is about it.
Phone: +39 041 520 7766
Price: US$180 and up
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.hotelkette.com/

• Written Oct 27, 2011

Comments

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.