"Above and Beyond" Belvedere Hotel Tip by Paris92

Belvedere Hotel, London: 382 reviews and 7 photos

The bed

The bed
    by Paris92
      This is actually a double.
      Not terribly clean.
      Loo
    by Paris92

It's not glam, the housekeeping could be a tad better, and you can hear through the walls but frankly I'll stay there again if only for the reason that on the night my passport was stolen the hotel manager was incredible. A friend was also staying at the Belvedere and helping me go back and forth between the hotel, the police station, and the neighborhood trash cans. Long story short the hotel manager literally left the hotel to go find me and my friend in the neighborhood when the police called to say they recovered my purse so that we could stop looking in all the neighborhood trash bins. Really above and beyond if you ask me. When you do something like that I don't really care what size the rooms are.

Unique Qualities: Not the greatest neighborhood but SO close to the Paddington train station and within very short walking distance to Internet cafes, drug stores, grocery stores, etc. This was really great especially as I was just getting my bearings in a new city and didn't have to wander the streets looking for places to eat, etc.

Address: 52-54 Norfolk Square, London, W2 1RT, United Kingdom
Price Comparison: least expensive
Directions: A very short walk from Paddington station. Make sure you check your map carefully--there is a Norfolk Crescent farther away (that was marked as Norfolk Square on my map) and you don't want to walk more than you have to with heavy luggage.
Phone: +44 (0) 20 7723 8848
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.belvederehotel.co.uk/

• Written Oct 26, 2011

More Hotels in London (1)

Comments

Paris92

“When good Americans die they go to Paris”

Have you been to London?