"Nice, but not perfect" Holiday Inn Johannesburg-Rosebank Tip by Robin922

Holiday Inn Johannesburg-Rosebank, Johannesburg: 323 reviews and 1 photos

It was my first stop in South Africa, so after a long flight what I wanted was a nice clean room. No problem there, the hotel has recently been remodeled and is very clean.

The staff for the most part were very polite.

Their internet is far from good. Just to get access, I had to sit on the hallway floor, in front of my door. When I asked the front desk about the problem, they told me there wasn't any problems with the internet. (tip, try not to get a room at the end of the hall)

Unlike most hotels there is NO reading material. Nothing about Johannesburg, tours or anything else. When I went to the front desk and requesting information about Johannesburg, I was given one little sheet of paper about one tour company. When I asked if there was anything else, I was bluntly told that was the only company they used or suggested.

Lighting is very poor, no lighting over the desk, and room lights are very dim. You have to do any reading either in the bathroom, or use the tiny reading light next to the bed.

Bring your own travel clock, or plan to use your cell phone, because there are NO alarm clocks in the room.

Unique Qualities: The bathroom I would have to rate a 10! Nice hot water, good water pressure and a big tub to soak in.

The beds are standard Holiday Inn, with the pick your own pillow, which is nice.

One of the nice surprises was they offer several different types of sockets to plug your electrical items into. They have the standard South African, a plug for universal adapters, and even an USB. (tip the standard universal adopters don't work in South Africa)

The Rosebank mall is only feet way, you don't even have to go outside to access. This is a large shopping center, that offers most anything you want or need.

The breakfast is good. They offer a little something for everyone.

Address: Oxford Road, The Zone, Johannesburg, 2196, South Africa
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Their website will tell you how to drive there, but most people just take a taxi. Because of traffic at some times of the day, it can take up to an hour to/from airport
Phone: 27 11 2186000
Price: US$120-180
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/6c/925/en/hd/jnbhi

• Updated Oct 25, 2011

“Always pack your sence of humor!”

Have you been to Johannesburg?