Rancho VII: "Love the ribs with garlic sauce!" Rancho Tip by cbeytes

Rancho, Amsterdam: 8 reviews and 5 photos

I visit Amsterdam at least once a year and I always make a point of visiting this Leidseplein-area eatery. Now, be warned: there are about 4,000 Argentinian steakhouses in Amsterdam named Rancho, El Rancho, Gaucho or something similar. This is the ONLY one that serves these particular pork ribs with garlic sauce that taste right - and delicious. The garlic sauce is really a green chimichurri, loaded with garlic and parsley. I just call it green sauce, and it's fantastic not only on the ribs, but also on the crispy fries they serve on the side.

Another must-have: their homemade sangria. Fantastic, and we go through several pitchers. Secret ingredient is .... well, i got them to tell me once, and I promised not to share. Trust me: get a pitcher and the ribs and you'll be happy.

The ambiance is typical Leisdeplein: noisy and crowded. But there's a big booth in the back good for up to a dozen people. And it's clean, the staff is friendly and the service is quick. Prices are right, too.

Address: K. Leidsedwarsstraat 101-103 - 1017 PX Amsterdam
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Leidseplein area. Turn right at Burger King and it's down a little ways on the left. It's the second Rancho restaurant you pass - make sure it's VII and you're home.
Phone: +31-20-4200066
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 4
Theme: Steakhouse
Website: http://www.rancho.nl

• Written Oct 24, 2011

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Amsterdam?