"THE PINNACLE (Mpumalanga, South Africa)" Top 5 Page for this destination Africa Things to Do Tip by DAO
Africa Things to Do: 366 reviews and 1,024 photos
The Pinnacle Rock is a 30m (98ft) high tower-like "Needle". The rock is quartzite which starts as sandstone, but is compressed for thousands of years to make an almost indestructible rock. It does not support plants well, so it looks even more dramatic. The Pinnacle towers over a fern covered ravine created by the Ngwaritsane River. To the right and below the viewing area you can see the uppermost of eight waterfalls which are in the river as it falls more than 450m (1477 ft) into the dramatic valley below.
The Pinnacle is very near God?s Window and you enter through the same entrance to view this master class of nature.
Read more: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/p/m/17f342/#ixzz1bjQw7z80
Address: God's Window, Mpumalanga, South Africa
Directions: Located 6 km (3.7 miles) from Graskop on the R534 Road (a scenic loop off of the R532 Road).
More Things to Do in Africa (86)
More Reviews (340)
- See All Don?t Bother in Massawa
- See All Not Quite Right in Massawa, Eritrea
- See All The Flag of Burkina Faso
- See All Its Officially a Joke in Burkina Faso
- See All USEFUL IN TOGO
- See All THE STREET TAILORS
- See All KOLOBENG NATIONAL MEMORIAL - BOTSWANA
- See All A HUNDRED WAYS TO DIE
- See All THE GREATEST MARATHON RUNNER IN THE...
- See All SHONGOLOLO !
- See All SINK PLUGS
- See All FOOTBALL ? THE INTERNATIONAL SPORT
DAO's Related Pages
Have you been to Africa?Share Your Travels