Morimoto's: "Style and Substance" Morimoto's Tip by shrimp56

Morimoto Tempura
      My Sushi and Udon Noodles
      Pure decadence
    by shrimp56

When a restaurant is as striking at Morimoto's is, you wonder if the food will be as spectacular. And for the most part it was. Surprisingly the only disappointment for me was the sushi. I am sure that the soft silky tuna and mackerel were the very best, but they kind of disappeared into the rice. The unagi was the sole exception. The rice was exceptionally well flavored but didn't hold together, which surprised me.

My husband's mushroom trio was exquisite and my cold udon noodles were delicious. [INANIWA UDON CHILLED WHEAT NOODLES WITH GRATED GINGER AND DASHI-SHOYU SAUCE FOR DIPPING] The Chocolate pot de creme was wicked enough to instill the thought that we needed to go to confession afterwards. The dishes and utensils were subdued, but perfect.

Perhaps the best part of the evening was how welcome we were made to feel. The servers and staff obviously love and adore Morimoto and they are more than willing to make sure you have a wonderful experience.

Favorite Dish: MORIMOTO TEMPURA with GORGONZOLA, ROASTED RED PEPPER AND DAIKON-SOY SAUCES. This was exceptional. It arrived in a teepee formation. The batter was exquisitely light and the vegetables and shrimp were top quality and cooked just right. The sauces were delicious, but it was the tempura themselves that stole the show.

My drink was aromatic and delicious. From the website: WHITE PEAR :: GREY GOOSE LE POIRE, MORIMOTO JUNMAI SAKE, ST. GERMAIN ELDERFLOWER LIQUEUR

Address: 723 Chestnut St.
Price Comparison: most expensive
Phone: 215 413 9070
Price: US$41 and up
Rating: 5
Theme: Japanese/Sushi
Website: http://www.morimotorestaurant.com/

• Written Oct 24, 2011

Comments

shrimp56 Used To Live Here!

shrimp56

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness. -- Mark Twain”

Have you been to Philadelphia?