"Horrible" Hotel Brunswick Tip by jdn01

Hotel Brunswick, Lancaster: 9 reviews and 2 photos

I stayed in this hotel a year ago, and wasn?t all that bad. It was not the Marriot, but it was what I would expect from an old downtown hotel. Stayed there 9/30/11 and 10/1/11 and it was truly awful. I?ve been in hotels all over the world, and this is by far the worst I have ever seen. I will never stay here again, ever. I?ll start at the beginning. They really don?t have parking, you stay in a public lot next door, this in itself is not bad, but they tried to charge me for parking when I checked out. Down escalator is not working, and the lobby and entranceway smelled like mold. I checked in and got to my room, and one of the beds was not made at all. I got in late, so didn?t really check, so when I woke up in the morning, there was very little toilet paper, no soap, no shampoo, and only on small towel. I left the hotel that morning and came back at noon. Room had not been touched. Left came back around 4ish. Room still had not been touch. I was heading down to the lobby to complain, when I ran in to two hotel people checking rooms. I was obviously irritated and told them about the room, they told me that the maid service early and rooms did not get cleaned. They told me they would have towels and all the other as sundry items sent up. I waited for about an hour and there was nothing. When I went out again, I complained to the front desk, they said that the items would be sent up. When I came back around 9pm, nothing had been done. I went back down to the desk and I was getting very irritated. The desk clerk got me most of the items, but no towels. She said that towels would be sent right up. It shouldn?t come as a big surprise that the towels never arrived. I must say, that this is the worse hotel I have ever stayed in. I will never stay here again, and would recommend that anyone else stay away also.

Address: 151 North Queen Street, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, 17608, United States
Price Comparison: about average
Price: US$120-180
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://

• Written Oct 24, 2011

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Lancaster?