Miccio's: "Not the best night to visit...." Top 5 Page for this destination Sorrento Restaurant Tip by leics

Sorrento Restaurants: 92 reviews and 126 photos

Exterior

Exterior
      Interior
      The pizza
    by leics

I was very tired, and very hungry, and needed somewhere very near to my hotel for a pizza and a beer. Miccio's trattoria/pizzeria fitted the bill, just round the corner with a large covered outside eating area and a good range of pizza at reasonable prices.

I chose a very bad night to visit. No sooner had I sat down then a vast number of very large and very loud foreign ?university? students arrived (in their 20s, not teenagers). The noise they continued to generate, particularly one table, was absolutely incredible...especially as they did not appear to be drunk. Screams of laughter, roaring, chanting, clapping, whistling....

I ate my pizza as quickly as I could, and left.

The pizza (Campagnola...a vegetarian topping) was absolutely fine and the beer was too. The staff were pleasant and courteous, though clearly harassed by the enormous and enormously noisy party. The pizza and beer came to 10 euro, which is a good price for central Sorrento.

This is somewhere I'd like to try again..it's family-owned and not obviously tourist-focused. But I'd like to try it without the company of a student group.

Address: Via degli Aranci, 36
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: From Corso Italia, walk past the cathedral away from P Tasso and turn immediately left up very narrow Via Sersale, past the Hotel Mignon and out through the city walls. Miccio's is 100m or so to the left.
Phone: +39 (0)81 8781223
Price: N/A
Rating: 3
Theme: Local

• Updated Oct 23, 2011

Comments

leics

“'Take clothes you can layer....' :-)”

Have you been to Sorrento?