"From Tigua to the market in Zumbahua and back" Zumbagua Transportation Tip by MalenaN

Zumbagua Transportation: 1 reviews and 1 photos

At the animal market
by MalenaN

One option, if you stay at Posada de Tigua and want to visit the market in Zumbahua early in the morning, is to walk the 800 metres up to the main road in the dark and wait for an early bus. Another option is to take a private transport from the posada, and that is what I and a Dutch couple did. We shared the price of $20 (July 2011) one way and left Tigua at 5.45 in the morning. We had been told that it takes 15 minutes to Zumbahua, but when we were dropped of by the animal market, which is further down than the rest of the market around the main square, it was almost 6.30.

Going back to Tigua, to have a late breakfast and pick up my bags, I took a bus. First I thought I would have to walk up to the main road, but just one block from the main square a bus heading for Latacunga was waiting and it was going to leave in 5 - 10 minutes. To Tigua I paid $0.50. The Dutch couple were on the same bus. Soon after we had started our walk down to the posada from the main road, Marco from the posada passed us with his pick up and we got a lift.

Mode: TO
Type: Bus

• Written Oct 23, 2011

Comments

Have you been to Zumbagua?