"DIVISORIA MARKET: Shop until you drop!" Top 5 Page for this destination City of Manila Things to Do Tip by theguardianangel

City of Manila Things to Do: 184 reviews and 471 photos

Divisoria is my favourite shopping place because of low-priced, affordable and unique things that you can buy! there are lots and lots of dresses that are available for everyone's taste as well as anything that people can use, you can find it here.

The only thing that is kinda off in here is that, you must prepare yourself... for the place, the crowd and some energy. Divisoria is a big place and everywhere you can find vendors shouting out to buy their stuffs. And because this place is very popular for its affordable stuffs, prepare yourself for a big crowd. I greatly recommend having an early Christmas shopping as early as October if you don't want to be stranded. Last Christmas season, I went there about the 2nd week of October but lo and behold! I was stuck in an enormous crowd that I can't move...literally! As far as I can remember it was 2pm that day and I was about to go home after I bought a gift to my aunt. I can't even bear remembering that event! It was really awful! I got home at 7pm! I never went shopping again during those times, starting the 2nd week of October.

Divisoria is like the extension of Chinatown, actually, when you walk past the Binondo Church, on its right side, that?s where you can enter Chinatown. Basically, Divisoria is the business district of the Filipino Chinese people. Most of them own the stores in Divisoria. There are 3 malls in Divisoria- Tutuban Mall, 168 Mall and Divisoria Mall. All these 3 malls have stores with affordable things you can buy. Recently, 168 Mall was renovated and a bigger shopping area was made available. Personally, I prefer 168 Mall since there are more shops available offering unique and discounted apparels and it?s the primary reason why I love going into this busy place! It?s like the counterpart of The Platinum Mall in Bangkok.

Aside from the malls, just along the sidewalks, you can find economical stuffs as well; you just have to bargain with the vendors. The #1 important thing to keep in mind especially if it?s your first time shopping here, you must not bring any valuables, like your iphone or ipad, don?t bother, you might just lose it. Snatchers are everywhere since this place is always crowded. Just be simple in shopping. Don?t wear any genuine earrings, necklaces or bracelets. I?ve seen many ladies whose earrings were snatched while in a jeepney. In an instant, both her earrings were gone and we were unable to look for the snatcher. Those snatchers were usually children and teenagers who moves fast. No one can?t help you if this happens to you, the people would get irritated to you instead, since all the people that intends to come here are always briefed to be careful at all times and are always reminded to be simple.

Anyway, there?s nothing to be afraid of as long as you have to be alert at all times and you have the perception and willingness to buy cheap stuffs with quality. And that?s what matters most.

Address: divisoria, manila
Directions: Take the LRT 2, stop at the Recto Station, exit the train building, outside you'll find jeepneys going to the Divisoria Market. fare is 8Php.

• Updated Nov 12, 2011

theguardianangel Lives Here!

“Life is all about courage and going to the unknown.”

Have you been to City of Manila?