"A horrible experince" Park Lane Sheraton Hotel Tip by ks1966

Park Lane Sheraton Hotel, London: 211 reviews and 12 photos

On my recent trip to the Uk, I stayed at the Sheraton Park Lane in London. My experience was extremely disappointing.I had to entertain some for a business meeting and decided to use the lobby area of the hotel. The lobby also serves afternoon tea for walk-in customers and hotel guests. I finished my lunch at the Citrus restaurant of the hotel and proceeded to the lobby to the lobby to wait for my guests. To my great surprise I was told that the the entire lobby is reserved for afternoon tea clients and rudely told I can go back and hold my meeting in the restaurant. I called for the manger (Mr Daniel Prersson) and explained my predicament. His response was that their tea room is ranked among the top ten in London. When I brought to his attention the fact that I am a paying guest in this hotel, and the lobby is part of the facilities I am entitled to use, with or without a booking, I was met with a blank stare. I was wondering if anyone has been through such a bizarre experience, and isn't it our right as hotel guests to have the option of using the lobby?

Address: Piccadilly, London, W1J 7BX, United Kingdom
Price Comparison: most expensive
Phone: +44 20 7499 6321
Price: US$180 and up
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=105

• Written Oct 22, 2011

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.