Eden's Edge Hotel.: "A not so "budget" hotel in Apia." Independant State of Samoa Hotel Tip by worldkiwi

Independant State of Samoa Hotels: 28 reviews and 39 photos

For my first three nights in Samoa, I elected to stay in the capital, Apia. Eden's Edge was one of the 'cheaper' hotel options in the city. At WST$150 a night, the hotel provided very clean, if rather insipidly spartan rooms, with comfortable beds and ensuite bathroom (with hot water). My room had an empty min-fridge which I used to store some drinks in. I chose to stay here basically because of the price and proximity to the town centre, which I wanted to explore.
The staff are very friendly here and there is plenty of parking room if you have hired a car.

Unique Qualities: Beyond the rooms, described above, the hotel has a small pool. This communal area would have benefitted from having a few sun loungers around it. The hotel also had a bar and restaurant. This is where my only criticism falls. Despite an alluring blackboard menu in the restaurant, the restaurant had no food. I ended up having to walk into town to find places to eat each night and on the holiday Monday I was there, the only place I could find open was McDonalds!! Breakfasts were included in the tariff, but they were pretty hit and miss (more miss than hit). The first morning was pancakes and papaya. The pancakes were stodgy, thick, grey and tasteless, but saved by a liberally filled bowl of maple syrup and papaya. Next morning was Weetbix! Kiwis will know what these are... Last morning was more of a hit, with eggs and bacon, toast and mango. In defence of the hotel, I think I was the only guest there, so I guess they were saving a bit of money on food! The bar can be popular at times... happy hour beer is cheap - WST$4 for a small bottle. On my last night there though, the throbbing base from the stereo system in the bar was a bit annoying at 10pm.
This hotel is very easy to book online.

Address: Togafu'afu'a Road, Apia.
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: 5- 8 minutes walk from downtown Apia. Handy location.
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.edensedgesamoa.com

• Written Oct 21, 2011

Comments

worldkiwi Visits Here Frequently!

worldkiwi

“We all share one planet, so look after it and be nice to each other!”

Have you been to Independant State of Samoa?