"Hidden charges and bad and rude service!" Library Hotel Tip by NTMontenegro

Library Hotel, Ko Samui: 507 reviews and 0 photos

We recently held our wedding at the hotel and were incredibly surprised and disappointed with the rudeness and extra charges that the hotel events coordinator Anna came up with last minute! Our wedding planner had previously made all arrangements with Anna's predecessor and she refused to honor them. She added charges even for the chairs that guests sat on! When we questioned why we were being charged twice for the food, the staff at reception did not know that we had already paid and had to track Anna down who got on the phone and raised her voice at me. She interrupted me and did nit let me speak.
When we were checking out, they tried to add charges and the price for washing 3 shirts doubled overnight. The shirts were handed back damp and ripped. They claimed we had taken a post card from the room which retails for 200 baht when we didn't even see it.
While the rooms are beautiful and hi-tech, the phone didn't work, the bathtub broke and the compute key board had to be replaced.
The hotel advertises privacy and has security guards everywhere; however while I was getting ready for the wedding I had tourists being led into the resort by a tour guide and encouraged to rake photos. I was photographed through the window by tourists while I was wearing a bathrobe and getting my hair done! This is an incredible invasion of privacy!
While this place may be nice, nothing makes up for the terrible service and the invasion of privacy!
Not worth the price or the bother!

Unique Qualities: The gardens are beautiful and the rooms too when the appliances work.

Address: 14/1 Moo 2 Bo Phut, KoSamui, , Koh Samui, 84320, Thailand
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: +66 77 422 767
Price: US$180 and up
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.thelibrary.co.th/

• Written Oct 21, 2011

NTMontenegro's Related Pages

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Ko Samui?