"Foundation of Kamyanyets" Kamyanyets Favorite Tip by HORSCHECK
Kamyanyets Favorites: 1 reviews and 2 photos
Favorite thing: The town of Kamyanyets, which is also often transliterated as Kamenets, was first mentioned in old Russian cronicles in 1276.
At this time the Duke Vladimir Vasilkovich sent his architect and builder Oleksa to find a place for a fortress. Due to the stony soil the town was named after the Slavonic word "kameny" meaning "stony".
A monument celebrating Kamyanyets' 700th anniversary in 1976 can be found at the street crossing of Brestkaya ulica and ulica 8 Marta.