"Uncle Pasha of Moscow" By Taxi, Car Tip by JoeBe

By Taxi, Car, Moscow: 50 reviews and 30 photos

Although his rate appeared high, I hired "Uncle Pasha" (www.moscowdrivers.net) for $80 and haven't regretted it.

For this price he saved me a bundle right away at the airport by cautioning me against converting my $US into Rubles at the airport.

On our way to the hotel he gave me an informal tour of Moscow and wrote out a few simple Russian phrases. He also did a review of places to eat good and cheap.

There is no way you will not get that sort of an all-around orientation from a taxi driver. He gave informative answers to LOTS of my questions. I may have paid $30 extra compared to regular taxi but saved $20 right away on not using the bank at teh airport with its ripoff rate. His advice that I don't use my mobile phone but get a local one instead and assistance with buying it probably saved me much more. I estimate I actually saved more than I paid him.

If you are looking for a recommendation for a taxi driver and if such is allowed here get "Uncle Pasha" to meet you. See www.moscowdrivers.net

Joe

Mode: AROUND
Type: Car/Motor Home

• Written Oct 20, 2011

Comments

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.